Friday, April 10, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are




Words can not express how incredibly excited I am for the new movie "Where the Wild Things Are". I saw the trailer when we saw Monsters Vs. Aliens and it actually brought tears to my eyes. On top of the trailer it had a song by Arcade Fire playing, a band whom I really like. The movie looks interesting and I am hoping it doesn't leave me feeling let down. I love this book! Growing up my Mom would always read to me and April every single night. Where the Wild Things Are had to be one of my favorite books! It is endearing and sweet and sends a message of warmth and love. I look back fondly on the nights of my Mom reading books to me and Ape on our old bunk beds. Some of my other favorite books were Bony Legs, Dandelion, Cloudy with the Chance of Meatballs, anything by Dr. Seuss...well the list could go on and on. Check out the trailer

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/where-the-wild-things-are/trailer

and think back to being a kid...what were some of your favorite books?

5 comments:

Spence said...

I had no idea they were making this book into a movie. That is fantastic. It was one of my favorites growing up and we have read it to Little Spence every night for the past year - right before scriptures.

I watched an interview on PBS years ago with Maurice Sendak and was just blown away at all the symbolism he subtly put into the artwork and story. Thanks for the heads up.

Heidi said...

You will be let down, I know your not a HUGE reader, but books ARE ALWAYS better than movies, especially childhood classics, that I think come SO alive from our imaginations. BUT, with that said I am totally exited too and we can see it together.

Corinne & Tyler Craig said...

Did you see the trailer for cloudy with a chance of meatballs too? Im impressed with all of the new animated films they have coming out

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

Hey Hayley! Ya, we'll definitely have to talk about the teachers for kindergarten. There are 2 that are really good, and the others I would NOT want my kid in their class! I would love for Ryan and Gavin to be in the same class. We can somewhat request what teacher we want but I'll have to talk to you about what's going on down there right now (lots of changes since the class sizes are going from 20 to 25). We'll get things worked out though, I'll try to catch you at church tomorrow or else I'll call you! :)

IzzieGuire said...

Hey Hayley! Yay, I got a comment from you. I didn't wanna just add you on & surprise you but now that you've seen my page, I hope you don't mind but I'm taggin along on yours! Your son is so handsome! I'm glad to see you & your sisters so happy! PLease say hi to Mom & dad for me! Do they have a blog? Happy Mothers Day!