Monday, August 18, 2008

What is on my mind at 2:30 AM

So here I am sitting at work watching the Olympics and thoughts start racing through my head. Like this one:
I have been in actual competition with TWO Olympic athletes. Yes you read that right. In no way was a saying I held my own...but never the less competed. WHO you ask? Well thanks to Gary Stefan and him letting me play in summer league even as a youngster I played a few short minutes in a summer basketball game against Diana Taurasi she plays for the WNBA as well as for the USA Olympic basketball team. The other Olympic athlete I went head to head with.....or more like trailed VERY far behind was Allyson Felix...she is an Olympic Sprinter....if any of you know me I am not fast...not very coordinated...and would run anything in track the coach asked me to....thus I ran a sprint race....obviously came in last....but they needed a lane filler and it was me...and now because of that I have an IOTA of bragging rights.

My next quick topic I would like to present is this women EXHIBIT A...note the women on the far left...or should I say her lips. Yes they always look like that. It makes me wonder....how much lipstick do you think she uses...it it that color stay stuff...and how much of it does she go through...I mean really they should have their own jersey maybe even their own area code....I don't know her name but I am entertained. I bet the Chinese at the Olympics games are intrigued


Keeping with my Olympic obsession is Michael Phelps...wow is he amazing...but in my humble opinion I think he is very cute. It is amazing because he is like a gigantic fish...we were having the discussion today on where his dad is (because you always see Mom in the stands) so I googled it...one of the responses was "well his dad is a fish and that's why you never see him" clever...but really his parents had a divorce and his dad is estranged. Also fun fact he stated swimming when he was 7 years old and was afraid to even put his face in the water.


Okay moving right along and off the Olympics....Harry Houdini is my next chosen obsession....not magic...but his life and what he did..and the legacy of magic and performance...bravo to you Harry!

In Closing and my last comment....Brett Farve...you suck...and I hope you throw bad passes....and when they are not bad I hope they get intercepted...I hope you get pounded...and feel the world glaring at you...opposed to cheering for you. I am a scorned Green Bay Fan and it hurts....5 moths ago you were on top of the world we all loved you...you cried when you retired...well you couldn't leave good enough alone...I will tune in...and hope you do horrible! (Oh yeah my husband wont be buying Madden 09 just cause you are on the cover)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Why do you hate Brett Favre now? We are praying for you so that soon nothing will be on your mine at 2:30 am besides sleep:) love you!

Spence said...

I wish I had competed against a future olympic athlete.

Harsh words for Mr. Favre...ouch. I think he should have continued his retirement gracefully, but giving up football after so many successful years would be difficult. I don't blame him, but I think he is just going to further tarnish his career by playing for the Jets...who suck!