Monday, September 22, 2008

Girls Weekend 2008 and other Random Updates

So this past weekend we had our annual Girls Weekend Getaway. It is always My mom, my two sisters (April and Heidi), and my sister in law Sarah. We went back to Green Valley Lake...we tried this trip last year but were evacuated after one day due to fires. While we were there we watched Baby Mama, Miss Congeniality, and 27 Dresses. I scrap booked while others made cute bows (I don't really have a need to make bows due to the fact that I have a 5 year old boy...and the only little girls I know are my nieces and Heidi and Sarah were already making them bows) We ate great food, enjoyed long walks in the mountains (my lungs feel clean and fresh), and just great company and fun with my favorite women. The trip was great and I am already counting down until next year!

On another note....when I got home I was so excited to see Ryan...and thought he would be excited to see me. He saw me said hi and I had to hold him down to hug him. Crazy little guy. I had also not seen Adam since Monday so it was amazing to see him once he got off work. Adam has been working like crazy usually five 24 hour shifts a week. So it was great to just lay down next to him and fall asleep while he and Ryan played XBOX. I always love Adam and appreciate him...but being away from him for almost a week really made me realize how much I love him...and how sweet funny caring and loving he is. As soon as he got home he made sure my IPOD Blue tooth and Cell Phone we brought in and charged and cleaned out my car <----these are all things I hate/don't do/or wait for Adam to do. Its really the little things that make me so grateful for Adam. Except he did come home with a mustache from work (aghh not the cutest by any means..it was funny) and it made the whole family laugh.

In other news...Adam will be starting paramedic school again in January ROUND 2...and he has been studying and working like crazy to save up money. I am going to Mt Sac this semester and just trying to get down with my AA so I can transfer. Ryan is in a PRE-K/Kindergarten program at his Montessori school and is loving it. He is learning about Johnny Appleseed and is just really turning into a real boy.

2 comments:

aprilaleman said...

It was fun wasn't it??? :)

Heidi said...

"GIRLS WEEKEND" Wooh--Wooh...said like Amy Poller in Baby's Mama...epidural..thank you very much!