Wednesday, October 1, 2008

French Cinema

For those of you that don't know I have a love for French Cinema. My Mom and April took a French Cinema class at Mt Sac and I didn't take it with them because Ryan was a little tyke...and I was to "busy". However, about a year later I realized I could take it for credit AND it was the night I needed a class...so I signed up. Little did I know I would be in a class of 5 students and an amazing teacher.

Through this period I discovered and feel in love with french cinema. I laughed, I cried, and well sometimes I felt a little uncomfortable. However in the end I felt like I really got so much out of this class and I made a life long friendship with my teacher. She retired (it was her last year) and is now living near Lake Como in Italy (seriously jealous)

Some of the great movies I watched were:
Blame it on Fidel
Cafe Au Lait
Joyeux Noel
The Passion of Joan of Arc
Amelie <---I think everyone has seen this
Run Lola Run
La Vie En Rose
Paris, Je T'aime.

These are some of my favorites...they stood out...I by no means am analytical...or even a movie snob....my sister doesn't trust my movie taste...but rent Paris, Je T'aime and Joyeux Noel....they are great movies!!

1 comments:

Heidi said...

I just dont ALWAYS agree...but I should rent those I am sure I'd love them! Glad your enjoying that class...that makes going to night school SO SO MUCH Better.