Monday, February 21, 2011

Holiday...

Happy Presidents day!! Who is your favorite President, mine is Ronald Reagan, and Ryan's is Lincoln I think due to the outfit and the beard.

Today Ryan and I both have the day off for Presidents Day. I was looking forward to planning tons of fun stuff to do today, until Ryan started complaining about a tooth ache on Friday. After a visit to the dentist on Saturday, just to be told to come back on Monday to have a cavity filled (mind you this cavity is under a filling, I knew when the last children's dentist filled it she did a crappy job, and the new dentist confirmed that). SO after waking up early this morning a quick trip to the dentist to get Ryan back to new, we decided to head home.

But now we are home, and I gave Ryan the options to go do something and he replied that he is happy just to stay home. At first I was annoyed...really its our day off lets go out and have fun. But now I am so happy we are just relaxing. I have taken a nap, Ryan is playing with Lego's quietly in his room, and I am so grateful for days like today. I often feel like time should be occupied with things to do all the time. But isn't life sweeter when it is just simple. I think we all over complicate things. Today I have been thinking of things that make me happy..

today Ryan and I shared Chinese takeout together and it was super yummy good thing we like the same things

awesome music...right now I am loving Mumford and Sons and of course my go to Jack Johnson

the rain we got this weekend and the fact that the mountains have snow

A happy seven year old who has cute huge front teeth

My nieces and nephews, I had the chance to see each one of them this weekend and they are all so sweet in their own unique way

Anticipating vacations to ski in Mammoth this Spring and camp in Yosemite with my whole family this summer, with beach camping sprinkled in (I want to get Ryan out surfing)

Date nights--Hammy and I have been doing them more frequent and it reminds me why I am so in love with him


In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
Abraham Lincoln

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Next holiday, when it's warm, let's go to the beach!!!