Thursday, October 23, 2008

Being Ryans Mom not Moder

We have recently been working with Ryan on how to say things with th sound in them...like that or Mother or them...and well its not coming along that great (its okay right he is only 4...at least for another 2 months) So the other morning my mom was trying to teach Ryan how to say Mother and not Moder...well he was doing really great and they continued to practice. He soon stopped and told Nana..."I'm just gonna call her Mom".

I do worry about speech due to my traumatic speech issues. I struggled to say the "s" sound when I was little. Well I started Kindergarten and the first week of school they took me out and put me in speech for like 30 minutes. I was mortified as a 6 year old, and I didn't want to be known as the kid that had to go to speech...and needless to say that weekend I learned to say my "S" sound.

***Sorry there are no pictures...I will be back up and running from my home computer in like 7 days****

4 comments:

Daniel T said...

Ryan and Carter will both get the "th" sound down some time in the next 12-24 months. Just think, you were still struggling to talk at their age and I was still in a wheelchair!

aprilaleman said...

U wanna sucker!!!

The Papavero's said...

So i didnt go to church after trunk or treat, so how can i get you ryans invite, or i can just give you info over the phone, let me know, its the 8th, call me. look me up in the ward directory.

jenny said...

LoL. i love that he just told your mom "i'm just gonna call her mom." that cracks me up. kids are so cute.

when are you making your next venture to Utah?

i might be coming down to cali next weekend for disneyland if i can find a cheap place to stay.. maybe if you've got some extra time we can play-!