Friday, October 3, 2008

Horchata...amazing!

So yesterday Ryan and I decided to take out first venture into the new Cardenas grocery store in Ontario. We saw plenty of fun sights...Pigs feet, cow lips, fresh livers, intestines, we went by the cake department and there was a cake with fake champagne bottles a like a topless barbie doll (creepy...and I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be but I thought I would share that with you). In Cardenas they have a restaurant or more like a order at the counter kinda thing...I order a burrito and horchata...I am mega gringa...the girl behind the counter looked at me and laughed at the way I said horchata and said "Ohh you want Or ch ta"....so apparently I was saying it way wrong. So I looked at Ryan and said this stuff is AMAZING. Ryan and I sat down and Ryan looked at me and said "mom you are the only yellow hair person here...your like an alien". Ryans observation was dead on. Then he looked and me and said "Can I have some of that drink". I said "oh my horchata" and he said, "No remember it's just called amazing...not horse chata". Having a four year old to hang out with is always an adventure!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

We will have to have some horse chata with you sometime soon:)

jenny said...

LoL.

Let me know next time you come visit-!!

I want to meet Ryan. He sounds hilarious and adorable.

Christine said...

I love Hortcha there is a gas station out here called QT=Quick Trip. They have the biggest drink selection and they even have Horchta. We make special trips to the gas station just to get a drink!

Heidi said...

I TOLD YOU that place is the best! That is where Ned and I get those fresh loaves of bread...yummy. We havent eaten at the restaurant yet, we want to. We have just had yummy drinks too.