Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Day of School.....



Well I have a first grader ---with lots more pictures to come....the first day of school was a GREAT success. Ryan and his best friend are in the same class, and his teacher seems amazing. I was surprised I didn't cry, but Ryan was so confident and excited. Plus, the teacher cut the cord at the playground...nope we didn't even get to walk into the classroom. Ryan soldier saluted us and walked away. I am very happy that Ryan is comfortable and confident with himself and is turning in to such a nice young man!


But, the second day of school was today ---Ryan came home and said that nobody played with him, and that it was a little rough. It broke my heart. But, what hurts even more is what do you say? "That's life kid" or "People will not always want to hang out with you"....his best buddy decided to play with this 3rd grade kid from his neighborhood. You cant blame him when you are in 1st grade a 3rd grader seems so cool. But what I want to say to this 3rd grade kid is get a life and play with other 3rd graders! LOL..just joking...kinda. The only comfort I could offer is that this is why you have a family that will always love you and be here to love you, and that sometimes people want to hang with other people, and I encouraged him to find more friends and expand his comfort zone. Yet, it still makes me a little sad, but seriously that's life...there are days I eat lunch alone, or feel like saying nobody likes me.


Having kids is such an emotional journey of extreme highs and lows. I wouldn't ask for anything more.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

YEAH for Ryan. And that is cool (Tyler, right?) is in his class. IT will be fine in a few days, kids are just funny. Ella has been saying stuff like that with her dance class friends, its sad, but you have to say suck it up and get use to it. he will do great, he is a social BUTTERFLY...ha ha ha

Unknown said...

hi Guys
I am Erwin.
First day in school is very interesting for me. In the classroom My teacher give all student a Chocolate. So I am very happy when I went first time in school.
===========
outsourcing Projects