Thursday, March 19, 2009

New School For Ryan


When moving from Chino Hills to Riverside the saddest thing to leave behind was our amazing Montessori preschool we had Ryan in. Good Earth Montessori was such an amazing place..but it is ridiculous to commute 30 miles one way just to keep Ryan in preschool (not to mention the tuition was pricey). So in our move we found a new Montessori school (might I add NEVER send your child to Cottonwood Montessori) It was a total strike out. They had Ryan writing in the dark while some kids were napping, and other kids were playing, and my son was writing letters in the dark by himself because he wasn't "good enough". Well needless to say that was his last day...I put a stop payment on the check, wrote the school a nasty letter, and never went back! Then I put Ryan in a sweet Lutheran School. Well, all they did was play and took very very long naps. The teacher yelled alot, and the parents were all very clicky. Not to mention Ryan's teacher accused him of stealing a dice he brought from home for show and tell (emphasis on he brought it from our house) and called him out on "stealing it" right in front of me...okay I let this one slide. Then the next week I let Ryan bring a walking robot (I took off all of his guns and weaponry) and the teacher informed me that we were on the probation list because the toy was "to violent"..Seriously?? She had it wrapped up in a bag and was "very disappointed" that I let Ryan bring that. So now he is done with that school. Well I have been on the hunt for sometime now. I now found a very education oriented Montessori school in our area. They are going to put Ryan in the Kindergarten program (even though he isn't officially a kindergartner until the Fall), and fingers crossed this school works out and that they can help with the breakthrough of getting Ryan reading and prepared for actual Kindergarten!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm ready to see Ryan's First Day of Kindergarten Pictures!!! :) I seriously hope this school works out because it appears that it might be the last one in Riverside!!! :|

Kristin Milius said...

Aghhh, what a nightmare!