Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Summer Time

So I am dreaming of summer time. Warm sun, the beach, and a break from school...plus Adam will be done with paramedic school sometime in July! Sooo...with that said Adam and I were really dreaming of a Hawaiian vacation...realistically we look at our finances and were thinking it would be smarter to start saving and have enough to go Next summer, plus Ryan will be a little older to enjoy snorkeling and all the fun stuff Hawaii has to offer. We have now decided that in August we are going to do a trip called "Mission California Highway 1" we are planning to go from Los Angeles to San Fransisco on highway 1...camping, stopping at the California Missions, some really cool cities, and good food along the way! This will be alot cheaper for us, more adventurous, and it has been a dream of mine to take Highway 1 to San Fran...and Adam and Ryan have never been to Santa Cruz, Cambria, or San Fran! We will get to enjoy what is right in our own backyard of California. With that said I am planning to find cool campsites, cheap hotels, good food joints, and really sweet site seeing! Wish me luck...I LOVE to have something to look forward to, and planning will occupy my time while I sit at my desk!

2 comments:

Spence said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Annette and I never have been able to afford to go anywhere exotic, but the funnest trips we have taken are just like you described. We had so much fun when we drove down the coastal highway from Seattle to Southern Oregon - the weather probably wasn't as nice as you are going to have, but we sure had a blast. Make sure you take lots of pics.

Amber said...

AWESOME! Pass along all your good finds. We are hoping to do a few little camping trips this summer too.