Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Overachieving

So I am sitting at work and wondering a question that I have often thought throughout life....

Why when you are an overachiever or you do a good job..people around you don't really care and just take advantage of you....But when you are the slacker people don't expect much out of you...you can come and go as you please..and you are allowed to make mistakes..and most times you are rewarded. Maybe I should become more of an underachieving slacker huh?

It makes me think back to the 2nd grade play when I should have SO gotten the lead...but they gave it to some kid with ADD who needed self esteem help...I have always felt robbed from that incident! The music teacher told me I did the best but other kids needed time to shine...again ROBBED!

World...please start awarding those who work hard and stop rewarding the laziness and underachieving! Understand that us hard workers need love attention and sometime a break to.

1 comments:

Spence said...

Wow, great post. Move over Glenn Beck because Hayley is in the house!

I couldn't agree with you more. This type of mentality only breeds more 'slackers'. Also, I think it robs people from finding out what they are really good at. For example, the ADD kid - obviously this play wasn't really his cup of tea. Instead of giving him a false sense of grandeur, let the kid fail a few times so he can focus on the things in which he succeeds.