Monday, April 18, 2011

Disneyland...My Happy Place


I love Disneyland, I have been a passholder for most of my life. I know the park like my own house, I know the best days to go and the best months. I have been all over the park. So here our my current fav's of Disneyland.

I love Story Book Land it is one of my favorite rides in the park, plus I think it is a great crowd pleaser...to be honest I am smitten with Disneys Gardens and all the horticulture they embrace. It is AMAZING. I have actually pick and ingested a strawberry I saw growing...yes I am sure it was filled with pesticides but I just had to.

The CORN DOG stand is AMAZING. They are greasy and the line can be CRAZY long, but nothing is as tasty as a Corn Dog. Honorable mention next door is the Plaza Inn..it has great food and large portions but more of a sit down vibe and a little pricier but you can share!

White Water Snacks is inside the Grand California Hotel. It is a nice way to escape and get food that is hot and prepared when you order it. The staff is nice, it is usually pretty mellow and it is a great way to enjoy the hotel without paying to stay there. Not to mention the GREAT nachos, Adam and I can share an order and both leave stuffed.


My other tip is Enjoy the park, not just the rides. I like letting Ryan run around in the water features, enjoy free tortillas, and just explore.

I like to brown bag it on occasion and eat downstairs at the Hungry Bear. It is quiet and relaxing, plus the kids enjoy feeding the ducks.
My other must is the Dole Pineapple Whip located at the entrance of Adventrureland. I have used this picture before, mainly because the weirdo worker. But seriously it is refreshing and tasty! Next time you go try it, and don't wait in the long line, just go into the tiki rooom like and it is WAY faster!

My Very Special Secret is the Secret Bathroom. It isn't located on a map, and it is a singe bathroom with a door so you can be ALL ALONE!
This bathroom is right next to the Cast Members Entry at the Plaza Gardens stage. It is a family restroom and IS NOT located on the map "as a bathroom" It is located as a baby changing center though. Enjoy!



Enjoy my favorites of Disneyland! But in the words of my boy LeVar Burton (Reading Rainbow), "But you don't have to take my word for it"

4 comments:

KMK said...

The next time we plan a trip out I'll have to ask when the best time to go is. We can only go so often - Joe gets Disney-ed out easily. (I don't get it either.)

Unknown said...

I love the free tortillas!!! they are the best, we will sometimes go through there a three to four times in an hour. My absolute favorite part is MASECCCAAAA!!!! we will have to go together this summer on a day you don't have class.

Spencer said...

We love the corndogs too. I just with you could get some fries with it instead of chips.

Hayley Hamilton said...

@ Karla I will help you and Joe plan the BEST disney trip..I don't understand how anyone can get "disney-ed" out

@Meg yes I love the free tortillas and I love when they say Masecccaaa I usually say it as we are walking in, plus on your birthday you get a whole bag for free!! Yes lets plan to get together this summer.

@Spencer Im so with you on this one apples or chips...come on BRING on the deep fried goodness I want french fries!!