Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dear Miss Manners...



So today has been full of adventure..okay not really at all..but I like my Saturdays that way. The pictures are from our adventures today. After finally getting out of the house this afternoon I took Ryan to get a free haircut (who doesn't love free stuff?) and to finally get my oil change. Side note: I hate doing anything that has to do with my car...this includes getting gas, going to get new breaks, oil changes..you get the point. I know it is MY car but still. I would rather move to a city with public transit and walk then have to continue getting gas and worrying about tire rotations. SO I decided that I needed an oil change, considering the digital readout on my car was telling me I was -475 miles past the recommended mileage. So I went to a place I had a coupon for, if its not free I like a discount.Sadly due to Ryan's large stature he will never make it as a jockey, but I don't have the heart to tell him. He rides weekly out in front of Albertsons..come place your bets.


As we walked into the waiting area ALL the seats were occupied by men. Darn it I really wanted to sit down. But nobody offered or even glanced over which brings me to my point when did men stop having any manners??

Some people say they died with women "coming into their own" , I choose to think that mothers are just doing a poor job.

So I proceeded to sit next to Ryan at the childrens' table while we waited. I also made it a point to talk to him about giving up his seat for a women if there are no seats available. I try to make it a point to have Ryan open doors for me and to teach him manners although sometimes my attempts are not so great..I find great pleasure in burping because it is something I am really good at and seriously.... it is funny.

Also I feel like I can officially say it Adam got a new job and will be working at AMR in the Rancho Cucamonga Division....so hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husbands because he is driving an ambulance in a community near you! Although he just switched from one ambulance company to another AMR runs ALS (Advanced Life Support) calls and 911, and he will not be commuting, so we are very excited!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

uhoh I'll have to be extra careful around ambulances around home. If you ever come out this way to meet him for lunch or something give me a call or text :)